[Alac-sc-outreach] [ALAC] Fwd: [ICANN60_Onboarding] Call for ICANN61 Nominations

Daniel Nanghaka daniel.nanghaka at isoc.ug
Fri Nov 24 01:35:04 UTC 2017

Following the thread, I highlight that

1. CROP should not be interfeared with because Outreach and Engagement
within the region needs to be done especially with strong focus in
Engagement. My view of CROP is that we have done tremendous work and
succeeded in getting ALSes. This has been driven by the awesome increase in
numbers of the ALSes. Focus of O&E should be towards how do we enhance
engagement of the new ALSes and Individuals who come in.

2. COP is great and definitely in the next FY an appropriate budget should
be allocated for the mentees and mentor to attend the meetings. There input
and engagement during the mentorship process should be monitored which
again calls in the metrics.

3. Newcomers are great despite most of them do not understand the PDPs,
with guidance I believe the fellowship program is great, I happened to
snick into one of the NextGens and Fellowship meetings at ICANN60, I can
testify that the work done there is simply amazing, Beran was doing a great
job with mentees which was really great which I believe all the others are
doing.

4, If funds/slots are available then some can be allocated to the mentees
to attend the meetings because these meetings enhance their engagement in
the processes.

5. CROP use of funds out of the region are restricted for ALSes - I believe
this needs to be revised because some Global events like the IGF calls in
more International participation and Outreach from the RALO is not
adequate, this requires joint effort from all regions. This years IGF we
have a number of representatives from O&E where the booth is being managed
by Glenn, which I could look at as a pilot of how best we can have Outreach
and engage members at the iGF, awaiting the report.

Dev did a great job in the COP program with Beran and Isaac - Personally I
appreciate the work done by Dev, I suggest that Since Olivier is leading
the program under O&E we should have a call such that best recommendations
be discussed and we explore possibilities and impossibilities,
opportunities that can be tapped in to maximise the effective and efficient
impementation of COP.

Daniel K. Nanghaka
ᐧ

Daniel Nanghaka
ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach and Engagement – Co-chair from AFRALO
ISOC Uganda Chapter
Tel: +256 772 898298