[Alac-sc-outreach] Outreach and Engagement Meeting Update

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Wed Apr 25 16:52:41 UTC 2018

Yes, Maureen aligned with you. And let’s see who can add this task to all others.
 Let me updated you all about what is going on in our region here: LACRALO
I am with Lacralo reorganization after mediation and it is going well. During the Mediation in San Juan, we had agreed to divide our region in 4 sub regions and define a rotation principles for the election of  leadership positions, among other news. We are finishing the writing proposal for our principles. Unhappily there will be no regular time to vote new governance package for this May elections, but any way, I believe Lacralo will work well under those new principles.
 Hope to continue to be part of the Outreach. Tomorrow here I will be part of City webinar and will talk about ICANN and DNS Women.  In May will go to Argentina to also talk about ICANN with another ALS there,  using the opportunity  I was invited to talk about other issue in another event there.
Miss you all

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.

From: Alac-sc-outreach <alac-sc-outreach-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 12:55
To: Olivier Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>
Cc: ALAC Subcommittee Outreach <alac-sc-outreach at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Alac-sc-outreach] Outreach and Engagement Meeting Update

Hi all

Nominations must go to the wider group of course. Tongue in cheek nominations because you both, along with OCL  do a lot of work in this area. But its finding the time. Lets take it to a meeting of the members soon so that everyone is represented and OCL can get some helpers for another great session with NCSG/NCUC.


On Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 2:45 AM Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com<mailto:ocl at gih.com>> wrote:
Hello all,

either Glenn or Daniel to be nominated. I guess it really depends on your respective workloads.
That said, it really should be up to the wider working group membership to make the selection - or at least be presented with a proposal and they decide on it.
Kindest regards,

On 25/04/2018 14:14, Maureen Hilyard wrote:
I vote for you Glenn (or Daniel).. you choose.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:10 AM, Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com<mailto:mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi All
I think we should try to schedule a call in May and top of the agenda is our  selection of a chair


Glenn McKnight
NARALO Secretariat
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com<mailto:mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
skype  gmcknight
twitter gmcknight
289-830 6259

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:06 AM, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com<mailto:ocl at gih.com>> wrote:
Dear Daniel,

thanks for your follow-up. Re: onboarding program, it seems that each meeting is therefore seen as a standalone, separate meeting, thus the travellers for Puerto Rico only attended one meeting. In Puerto Rico, they were: Humberto Carrasco as mentor & Eranga Samararathna plus Antonio Medina as mentees.

Alan's asked RALOs to suggest names for travel to Panama. Names have been provided by each RALO and the At-Large Selection Committee met earlier this week to make a selection. However, it appears that not enough members of that committee attended the call to get a consensus list of the mentor/mentees. Therefore it appears that no final choice was made.
We should learn the results shortly.
Kindest regards,


On 19/04/2018 13:59, DANIEL NANGHAKA wrote:
Dear Team,

As we progress and preparation for ICANN 62 coming forth, I would like to request for an update on CROP funding status.

Secondly, also we need to draft an agenda for the next Meeting and also a doodle poll be sent out.

We need to discuss the way forward towards Regional Strategies and Regional Outreach plans as we wait for budget updates on CROP Funding.

Olivier, could you be having an update on the Onboarding Program and the implementation.

Looking forward to the updates



Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa / Chair - FOSSFA / Community Lead - ISOC Uganda Chapter / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka

----------------------------------------- "Working for Africa" -----------------------------------------



Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/alac-sc-outreach/attachments/20180425/8990d6c6/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Alac-sc-outreach mailing list