[Alac-sc-outreach] "O&E strategy 2019 v2" and "O&E suggestions"

Natalia Filina filinafilka at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:10:00 UTC 2019

Dear Maureen, Daniel,

thank you for your support and attention to the right points of the current
tasks.

Following the comments from Maureen about the needs to provide an O&E
strategy and a Capacity Building strategy (Dear Maureen, I apologize for
answering and continuing just 1 part of your comments here, the issue of
analysis of our past experience and providing the right metrics are already
in the current discussion), I suggest to consider an additional separate
area of our activities (as an great opportunity to enhance our work and
perhaps as giving some direction for the clear actions of working groups).

So, we are talking about collaborations and joint activities between RALOs
and our MOU partners, and RIRs:
It looks like we have and may consider at least 3 ways to our common work:
1. Collaboration on the learning issues field:
1.1 The mutual learning programme (for ATLASIII, for Capacity Building
tasks, joint learning day before,during, after ICANN and other
meetings/events, the creation of possibilities open learning online/offline
zone as Project) including visits or (!) courses in Educational
institutions in European countries).
1.2 We may create joint consultative committee for end users (have no
better way to know about problems, needs and reality, than to ask - what`s
up, what`s your problem?-)

2. Events of RIR or MOU partners are nice places for our presentations,
short speeches and including separate  mini-events by RALOs, because we
interested in reach of our scale, putting high qualification to ICANN hot
topics and discussion. We know that these events attending a lot of our
potential members from tech community (high level tech experience/rich
knowledge) and business area. They are our potential members (as
individuals and as LIR as ALS).

3. We should to provide an attending at our local events (for ex GA) at
least 1 of presenters from our MOU partners with short feedback from
internet communities about achieving success, needs, difficult etc to use
this information as bottom up requests to ICANN.

4. The financial support our activities (collaborations too) as
sponsorship. -)

I hope at least part of this suggestions can be putting to our strategies
and may be realize with common interest from RIRs and MOU partners.

And I guess we may use the great opportunity to put these issues in the
agenda of meeting with RIRs in Kobe (if it have no yet  completed).

Sincerely yours,
Natalia Filina

Member of ISOC
Member of EURALO Individuals’ Association
https://atlarge.icann.org/alses/euralo
https://individualusers.org/

ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement

   1.

+7 906 722 54 61
Moscow,
Russian Federation