[ALT-Plus] Fwd: [soac-chairs] ATRT3 update and next steps

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:13:00 UTC 2018

Dear all

Last week, the SO-AC Chairs had a meeting to discuss the membership of the
new ATRT3-RT. The ALAC had proposed 3 members: Cheryl Langdon-Orr,
Sebastien Bachollet and Daniel Nanghaka. Vanda Scartezini was also proposed
in case the selection committee felt it was appropriate to allow a 4th
member.

After some discussion the Chairs decided that as the size limit of the
group was 21, and the proposed members on the list totalled 17, those that
had been proposed should all be accepted. Therefore I can announce that the
four members proposed by the ALAC for the ATRT3-RT have been accepted.

The specific objectives for the Accountability and Transparency (ATRT3)
Review are to review ICANN's execution of its commitment to maintain and
improve robust mechanisms for public input, accountability, and
transparency so as to ensure that the outcomes of its decision-making
reflect the public interest and are accountable to the Internet community.

Maureen