[ALT-Plus] Preparations for the ALAC-GAC meeting at ICANN64

Yrjö Länsipuro yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:32:44 UTC 2018

Dear Maureen, all,

As I mentioned at the ALT+ meeting yesterday, I discussed in Paris with my GAC counterpart Ana the agenda of our next joint ALAC-GAC meeting. We noted that both of the perennial topics of our joint meetings - EPDP and procedures for new gTLD's - will probably need to discussed also in Kobe (relating the latter, the Board is scheduled to approve the Final Report of the CCT Review just before).

At the IGF, both Ana and myself  had  been impressed by the 75-minute speech by President Macron, and we decided to find out, whether  ALAC and GAC would like to discuss at our joint meeting some of the points of that speech (more regulation, the role of multilateral/multistakeholder solutions etc).  which some have found alarming, some have welcomed.

What do you think?

Below, a link to the official translation of the speech.

Best,

Yrjö

http://www.elysee.fr/declarations/article/speech-by-the-president-of-the-french-republic-internet-governance-forum/

[http://www.elysee.fr/assets/Uploads/_resampled/72888/416d2f2aa3b28d648acf0d5bf0f52f50a189d09b.jpg]<http://www.elysee.fr/declarations/article/speech-by-the-president-of-the-french-republic-internet-governance-forum/>

Speech by the President of the French Republic internet governance forum - Présidence de la République - elysee.fr<http://www.elysee.fr/declarations/article/speech-by-the-president-of-the-french-republic-internet-governance-forum/>
Publié le 15 Novembre 2018. TRANSLATION. Only the speech as made may be considered authentic. UNESCO – Monday, 12 November 2018. Thank you, Secretary General, dear António, both for your speech, your welcome here today, but
www.elysee.fr