[ALT-Plus] [ALAC-Members] Revised Schedule for 2019 ALAC Monthly Rotating Calls

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:33:03 UTC 2018

I can very much appreciate that the times are not going to fit everyone.
But thank you for giving me a heads up. The experiences for me are being
reflected all around the world for one person or another, and I know that
in previous meetings it was only on the odd occasion that we were ever able
to get everyone to a meeting.

But because of these difficulties it is one of the reasons why we will
continue to call for meeting support so that a summarised version of any
important discussions can be logged so that anyone who misses a meeting can
at least get some idea of any new issues that might arise for consideration
by the ALAC without having to listen to a recording that will also consist
of a lot of minutiae. Who really has the time in our own busy lives?

But the last meeting was a case in point - of important questions posed to
Leon after his full report on Board activities and to Joseph after his
explanation of the new travel guidelines and highlighting that if there are
any specific issues not covered in the guidelines, contact our staff.

 I think we are still after more Chairing Skills coaches for At-Large
seeing as we have 5 applicants (Humberto, Eduardo, Mohammed, Daniel and
Glen) but only 2 coaches (Cheryl and Sebastian). Personally I think that
there are applicants in this list who could be coaches.

Next week we will be calling an AASC meeting to select the Fellowship
Mentor as well as formalising the ATLASIII working groups so we can get
started on that, and also there will be an FBSC meeting where the members
will get a brief rundown from Finance about the FY20 but more so about the
requirements of the Additional Budget Requests before we go to our RALOs
and start preparing applications.

I know that people are starting to organise their travel for KOBE. Just a
reminder that there will not be a Friday morning session as we did in
Barcelona - that was a one off. We will hold our debrief session on
Thursday afternoon as part of the programme.

This has turned out to be a little news notification from the Chair. You
might expect more of these in the future just to remind the ALAC and
ALT-Plus about what is in top for us and things where we might need to
coordinate some support for our activities.

Thank you for your understanding about the rotating times. I have already
asked for the proposed 12:00utc meeting time proposed for our December 18
meeting to be changed to 16:00utc. I have a full day workshop on that day
and I know I  would not be able to run it effectively after a 2am meeting.