[ALT-Plus] Fwd: [ICANN Community Leaders] Accountability and community input on IRP standing panel

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:20:58 UTC 2019

Thank you Alan and  the ALAC and ALT+ team

I have already sent a note to Katrina giving our immediate support along
with that of other SO-AC Chairs, so that she would know that she has the
support of At-Large for any urgent followup she may want to carry out
before the closing date of the informal request for public comment on the
issue.

However, having done so, we can now review how we can address this issue
formally from the ALAC. Perhaps another letter to the Board (and Goran)
about the issues that Alan raised and also to support Katrina's point about
the inappropriateness of social media being used as a means of soliciting
public response to any ICANN issue when there are already formal ICANN Org
procedures in place. Lots of issues from an end-user perspective.

I would be happy for Alan to draft something to take to the next CPWG for
discussion, before we send it away.

Maureen