[ALT-Plus] [ALAC-Members] Meeting with other groups in Kobe

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 09:52:51 UTC 2019

I certainly agree with the direction that Holly is going with regards to
helping our end-users understand what is rising in importance in the GNSO,
and how we might be able  to collaborate with them to enhance our own
capacity building and information resources, that is going to improve
understanding about the issues and increase participation in our
discussions.

I particularly like their earlier recommendation for webinars / briefings
that would introduce issue up for consultation. But it would have to be in
basic English, and with as few technical terms as possible.

I have been talking to Marita and others about a separate session involving
Keith Drazeck where we could discuss these particular issues, and look at
how we can work on a collaborative effort that could also involve the GAC
because we all seem to be on the same wavelength here.

However there are definitely areas for policy discussion that Holly
mentions as well, and no doubt Jonathan is capturing these for the policy
sessions.

Maureen