[ALT-Plus] AFRALO NomCom candidate

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:44:10 UTC 2019

Hi Mohamed

I wish we had the luxury of more time. Since the election, the AFRALO
nomination has been the focus of many discussions among the ALAC and ALT+.
This has resulted in the second nomination being forthcoming.

The main concerns were:
a) Lack of experience and knowledge of the requirements and expectations of
Leadership of At-Large and the wider ICANN community;
b) Lack of adherence to ICANN's Code of conduct and of some core values of
At-Large;
c) Lack of identification as a member of At-Large as noted in a public
comment he made during the DoH/DoT session in Marrakech where he introduced
himself as "representing NCUC" with no mention of At-Large

The ALAC Rules of Procedure state:
18.5 ALAC Representatives to the ICANN Nominating Committee, one from each
ICANN region, *will be selected by the ALAC* in consultation with the RALOs.

This will not be the first time that the ALAC has rejected a recommendation
by a RALO and made their own selection.

The announcement notifying the ALAC about the vote will go out tomorrow.

Regards
Maureen