[ALT-Plus] NextGen Selection Committee

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Tue Nov 22 04:59:47 UTC 2022

Dear ALT,

I have been informed by staff that the ALAC needs to urgently appoint a representative to the NextGen Selection Committee for the next two-year period which started in October 2022.

The details of the responsibilities of the NextGen Selection Committee and their work commitments are available at: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nextgen-selection-committee-2020-09-25-en#responsibilities.

Given the period has already started, I would like to suggest that we re-appoint the previous representative, Oksana Prykhodko, using Article 5.11 of the ROPs which allows the ALAC Chair to make substantive decisions on behalf of the ALAC if the matter is of such urgency that the ALAC cannot practically be consulted.

I have received feedback from the NextGen support staff that Oksana has done an excellent job during her time on the NextGen Selection Committee. Oksana has confirmed she is willing to continue in her role for another term.

Could you please let me know by Wednesday, 23 November if you have any objections to this? I will then inform the ALAC of the re-appointment.

Thanks.
Jonathan

Jonathan Zuck
Executive Director