[ALT-Plus] Joint Meeting: ICANN Board & GNSO Council - EPDP-IGOs on 11 Jan 2023

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:38:31 UTC 2023

Dear ALT-Plus,

Just to inform you that there is a joint meeting scheduled between the
ICANN Board and GNSO Council on the EPDP on Specific Curative Rights
Protections for International Governmental Organizations (IGOs).

No agenda has been set as yet; and without knowing what's specifically on
the agenda, I am unable to advise if attendance is recommended. I can only
speculate at this point that this is meeting is to facilitate the Board's
understanding of impact of the EPDP's Final Report and recommendations, and
in consideration of the Board's own Public Comment Proceeding ending 16 Jan
2023
<https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/final-report-from-the-epdp-on-specific-curative-rights-protections-for-igos-28-11-2022>.
In which case, I doubt that our attendance is necessary but I will share
the actual agenda as and when I am informed of it.

In any event I am copying Yrjo Lansipuro and Vanda Scartezini who, along
with me, comprised the ALAC Team to this EPDP
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=175244426> which
effectively completed its work in late March 2022 after which the GNSO
Council unanimously adopted the EPDP's Final Report and recommendations in
mid June 2022. In case they are keen on observing the meeting.

Kind regards,
Justine
_______________

*Meeting: ICANN Board & GNSO Council | IGO EPDP Recommendations
ReportDate/time: 11 January 2023 at 17:00 UTC for 60 minutes*

ICANN Board & GNSO Council member will be panelists. Questions will be
taken from ICANN Board & GNSO Council only but chat will be enabled for
all.

Observers are welcome to join and will be in listen-only mode but have
ability to chat

Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://icann.zoom.us/j/94374077297?pwd=YVdPd0dwRzE3T0NwVElWMGFDWERodz09
Passcode: 0eQ1&J93H6

Audio only:

Webinar ID: 943 7407 7297