[ALT-Plus] Replies received to GNSO Council letter re: bulk registrations' role in DNS Abuse

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 03:59:07 UTC 2023

Dear ALT-Plus, et al,

Just a short note to inform that 3 replies have been received so far to the
GNSO Council's letter to selected target recipients regarding the role of
bulk registrations in DNS Abuse (target recipients being RrSY, RySG, DNSAI
and ICANN Contractual Compliance).

*2023*

   - 3 Mar: RySG reply re: Bulk Registrations
   <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/woods-to-ducos-03mar23-en.pdf>
   - 27 Feb: DNSAI reply re: Bulk Registrations
   <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/bunton-to-ducos-27feb23-en.pdf>
   - 23 Feb: ICANN Contractual Compliance reply re: Bulk Registrations
   <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/hedlund-to-ducos-22feb23-en.pdf>
   - 6 Jan: GNSO Council letters (borne out of the work of the GNSO Council
   Small Team on DNS Abuse) have been distributed and posted:
      - The DNS Abuse - Targeted contractual amendments letter to RrSG &
      RySG
      <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/ducos-to-demetriou-et-al-06jan23-en.pdf>
      - The DNS Abuse – Bulk Registrations letter to RrSG, RySG, DNSAI,
      ICANN Contractual Compliance
      <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2023/correspondence/ducos-to-heineman-et-al-06jan23-en.pdf>

Council activities on DNS Abuse
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Liaison+Report%2C+post-Oct+2021#Updates-DNS_Abuse>

To be honest, I have not yet studied the replies. In any event, Council has
not formally looked into them either, so I believe our consideration of
this development can wait till after ICANN76.

Kind regards,

Justine Chew
ALAC Liaison to the GNSO
GNSO Liaison Report Workspace