[Atlas III Participants] ATLAS III Newsletter | EN

ICANN At-Large staff at atlarge.icann.org
Wed Oct 23 14:35:29 UTC 2019

23 October 2019  ATLAS III Newsletter - EN | 23 October 2019 Your ATLAS III Newsletter | EN The latest news regarding the Third At-Large Summit (ATLAS III) Visit our Website From Maureen Hilyard, ALAC Chair We only have days to go to ATLAS III and yet it only seems like yesterday that we were putting forward a proposal to the Board for some funding. It has been nearly 18 months since we began planning for this event and it is now finally in our sights. Those who are travelling to Montreal are going to find themselves engaged in an important policy issue and being involved in the sort of discussions that many of us in At-Large are engaged in within the the At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) as well as mainly GNSO Cross-Community Working Groups (CCWGs). The program has been coordinated so that participants are engaged in Plenary sessions and also in different breakout groups depending on the activity. We are having a working lunch which is being sponsored by the Internet Society, and at that meeting we will be discussing the complexities relating to Regulation of the Internet, and how that will impact end-users. We are very lucky to have a generous sponsor who will be providing a networking cocktail event, so that people can meet others from the wider community as well as to have some social time with their At-Large colleagues and RALO leaders.  Below is draft text from our ATLAS III Communications Strategy to remind travellers and others as to what we aim to achieve from the ATLAS III event.  The purpose of the ATLAS III event: ATLAS III is an assembly of future At-Large Ambassadors, focused on developing and nurturing their abilities to become thought leaders and change agents who will implement what has resulted from the At-Large Review Process, namely, more effective participation of At-Large members in the policy advice process.  Rationale: Change is inevitable and ongoing.. ATLAS III Ambassadors, as change agents and thought leaders, must be prepared to help At-Large and its members to adapt to future social, environmental, technological etc changes which will impact ICANN and At-Large. Objectives: Provide information on aims and objectives of ATLAS III before, during and after ATLAS III.  Educate ATLAS III participants on what they will experience and achieve at ATLAS III Raise awareness of ATLAS III among At-Large community and ICANN community Explain what is going to happen after the event is over and what results are expected at the end of one year. See ATLAS III Communications and Messaging Points Visit the ATLAS III Workspace What is the Third At-Large Summit (ATLAS III)? ATLAS III is an assembly of future At-Large Ambassadors, focused on developing and nurturing potential thought leaders and change agents who will implement what has resulted from the At-Large Review Process, namely, more effective participation of At-Large members in the policy advice process. ATLAS III will provide participants with the skills required to effectively represent the best interests of the end users within ICANN. When is ATLAS III? ATLAS III will take place Monday, 4 November through Thursday, 7 November 2019 during ICANN 66 in Montreal, Canada.  Who is participating ATLAS III? Approximately, sixty At-Large members and current and incoming At-Large leaders are invited to be ATLAS III. You are one of them! See all ATLAS III Traveler Information.  Details on how the ATLAS III participants were selected are available here: ATLAS III Participant Selection Process Other At-Large members are welcome to be observers in ATLAS III.  Why ATLAS III? Key Sources of Information At-Large ICANN66 Workspace ATLAS III website ATLAS III Communications and Message Points Pre-ATLAS III Activities Preparation ATLAS III Prep Call - An ATLAS III Prep call is being scheduled for the third week of October for all ATLAS III participants. This call is intended for all ATLAS III participants and will include information on the case study, schedule and what to expect at ATLAS III  Online Training Courses  Resources Connect with Us! At-Large on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website | ICANN66 ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536 Unsubscribe atlasiiiparticipants at icann.org Update Profile | About Constant Contact Sent by staff at atlarge.icann.org in collaboration with Try email marketing for free today!