[atrt2] Chairs etc.

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Feb 22 16:24:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

The most recent example I have, was in the Inter Register Transfer Protocol - Part C working group (IRTP-C) in the GNSO.  In that case we evolved into this structure.  Two of use were elected as co-chair: one who know the material inside and out and one who was more of a process person in terms of this subject matter.  In short time the group and the co-chairs realized that what we had was a chair and alternate chair and that is the way the group was run for a year.

Another example was the Vertical Integration (VI) group, which while it never reached consensus did manage to do its work in finite time and did manage to put out a report of the issues that did have consensus and which contained a serious and fairly complete discussion of the issue.

avri