[atrt2] Proposed Questions to the ICANN Community

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Mar 24 17:15:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for sending these, I think they are a good start.

One of the things I am missing in these questions is one that gauges the extent to which ICANN Board and especially ICANN Staff are accepting accountability to ICANN as a Community.  I think we need a question that asks:

To what extent has ICANN Staff avoided being bound by accountability standards by substituting its own judgement for Community development processes?  Can you give examples of where ICANN Staff has restricted its decisions making to the boundaries as set by the Development Processes?  Can you give examples where ICANN Staff has gone beyond the ICANN Community policy development process to either make new policy or replace existing policy without Community development process of consultation?  Are there specific accountability issues ATRT2 should explore related to ICANN Staff's interactions with the Community policy development process?

Thanks

avri