[atrt2] Question about the role of AOC Review Teams within ICANN

crg at isoc-cr.org crg at isoc-cr.org
Thu Apr 25 20:04:04 UTC 2013

I like your questions very much Avri!

In traditional terms the Board should oversee, and the Corporation should act. But it is not so clear in this case (policy vs. Implementation). The board may be doing two things at the same time.....and "the staff" eufemism not responding for the whole Corporation as such.

But we could push rewind and play it over again, and instead of a hierarchical oversight approach, let's try to play it with a horizontal "check and balances" one between the public interest (users) on the one hand and the "decision makers/operative agents (registries/registrars)" on the other (money making stakeholders in terms of one of our guests this morning call).

Maybe we can then avoid this dead end angst of yours and make progress with our work

Cheers

Carlos Raul
Enviado desde un dispositivo Blackberry® de Kolbi