[atrt2] Feedback from ARINIC ATRT2 presentation
fasonga at kixp.or.ke
Thu Jun 20 10:52:01 UTC 2013
I have just concluded a session on briefing the AFRICA community attending AFRINIC 18 in Lusaka Zambia on the work of ATRT2 to encourage participation. The following feedback was given from the audience:
1. ATRT2 should communicate with African governments in the right way. A large part of African governments lack knowledge on the Affirmation of Commitments and it's purpose. The governments are not going to respond to questionnaires placed on website, formal communication has to be sent to them with a background of what the AOC and review processes are all about.
2. The community stakeholders in the session felt that there is need for more sensitization to participate in such an important review process.
1. I have asked the government representatives who are present at this meeting to share the contact information of the correct persons to address for input for the review process.
2. I have asked them to look at the previous questions and send their response to comments-atrt2-02apr13 at icann.org I am aware that the input shall be out of the comments period and would appreciate guidance since I wasn't sure where else to send their comments.
3. I have extended an invitation to those who can join via adobe to listen in to our discussions.
More information about the atrt2