[atrt2] PDP Effectiveness Study

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 21 12:26:05 UTC 2013

Lise,

As I said in the meeting, if we cite the GAC
explicitly, we will also need to add whether that
any GAC advice/views were received in a timely manner.

I did not call out the GAC explicitly when I
drafted this, because I was aware of the answer.
On the PDP process that we will be evaluating, I
do not believe that we have received any GAC
advice or even, had the benefit of general views
during the process. There may be some subtle
examples of views being known, but I can't be
sure. I cannot recal any intervention of the GAC
AFTER the PDP was completed and passed to the
Board where the GAC objected. Perhaps Avri has a memory of such an occurrence.

Note that the new gTLD PDP was before the period
we are reviewing, since it was a completely
different process, the IGO/INGO PDP is not yet
completed, and there has been no completed PDP on
Whois during that period either.

Alan