[atrt2] ATRT2 letter to governments

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jun 25 19:50:47 UTC 2013

Dear Carlos,

very good catch! Ideally, I think we need that letter to be translated
to the 6 UN languages and this needs to be done as soon as possible. In
fact, I vaguely recalls that we had mentioned this during our face to
face meeting.

Kind regards,

Olivier

On 25/06/2013 18:42, Carlos Raúl Gutierrez wrote:
> another question out of todays WS1 meeting
> Can we have the letter translated into spanish?
>

> Carlos Raúl Gutierrez
> --
> crg at isoc-cr.org <mailto:crg at isoc-cr.org>
> Skype carlos.raulg
> +506 7070 7176
>
> El 22/06/2013, a las 18:14, Brian Cute <bcute at pir.org
> <mailto:bcute at pir.org>> escribió:
>
>> In order to make the ATRT2's outreach letter to governments
>> effective, it is essential that the letter be addressed to the
>> appropriate government official.  Heather Dryden, Chair of the GAC
>> has offered GAC resources to provide contact information for GAC
>> member countries.  While that information is helpful, in many
>> instances we still do not have the name of the relevant government
>> official/Minister to whom the letter should be addressed.
>>
>> To expedite the outreach letter, we may need additional resources
>> from the GAC and from ICANN's Government Engagement team to
>> supplement the list.  Heather, would a request that each GAC
>> representative provide the name of the relevant Minister and his/her
>> email address be practical and fruitful?  Additionally, could ICANN's
>> Government Engagement team provide or direct ICANN staff to
>> additional resources that could supplement the list of addresses?  We
>> are open to suggestions as to how to expedite this important task.
>>  The Review Team would like to send the outreach letters by 1 July at
>> the latest.
>>
>> The ATRT2 greatly appreciates your assistance with this important
>> task. I look forward to your response as to the next steps.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Brian Cute

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html