[atrt2] Apropos today's Reconsiderations and Appeals discussion

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Fri Aug 16 13:03:54 UTC 2013

Good morning,

Just reading a quote from Akram Atallah, president of ICANN’s Generic Domains Division, this morning on http://domainincite.com/14208-interview-atallah-on-new-gtld-objection-losers

“Of course, as with anything ICANN, they have some other avenues for asking for reconsidering the decision,” he added. “Basically, going to the Ombudsman, filing a Reconsideration Request, or even lobbying the board or something.

Murphy then goes on to discuss whether the reconsideration process is valid in this case and does point out that no reconsiderations process has ever resulted in a changed decisions.

Do we need to figure this ICANN staff understanding of the reconsideration process into our discussions?

We also probably need to talk about the Ombudsman's role in this repsect as part of our ombudsman discussion.

avri