[atrt2] DRAFT - Inventory of Observations and Potential Recommendations

Jørgen C Abild Andersen jocaan at erst.dk
Thu Aug 22 06:07:55 UTC 2013

Hi Larisa

Thank you very much for the inventory which I have read with great interest. There are two candidates for recommendations which I have not been able to find in the inventory. Both were included in the document drafted by Fiona for the Friday morning meeting and according to my recollection both enjoyed full support from ATRT2 during the discussions. So I would appreciate that these be added to the inventory. (The numbers below refer to the numbers in Fiona's document.)

1. Rec 7 on Finance Accountability and Transparency

The recommendation is reflecting an intervention by Steve Crocker at the meeting Thursday.

In order to improve accountability and transparency and facilitate the work of the Review Teams ICANN's Board should each year on a rolling basis establish a Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) reflecting the planned activities and the corresponding expenses. (The PWB may cover a two year period.) The following year a report should be drafted describing the actual implementation of the PWB including activities as well as related expenses.

2. Rec 29 on Outreach

   ICANN should enhance its activities aiming at making ICANN's work relevant for stakeholders in those parts of the world where stakeholders are less active participants in the work of ICANN than stakeholders in other parts in order to ensure that ICANN's decisions are "embraced, supported and accepted by the public and the Internet community" in all parts of the world.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
Jørgen