[atrt2] Finance template

Larisa B. Gurnick larisa.gurnick at icann.org
Wed Oct 2 14:08:43 UTC 2013

Dear Lise and Jørgen,

Staff has been reviewing the proposed observations and recommendations considered by the ATRT 2 and would like to offer several clarifications.  As you are the ATRT 2 members assigned to complete the analysis and the documentation on various items, staff would appreciate your consideration of the information summarized here.

The ATRT2 draft Finance recommendation communicated to staff includes guiding principles and needs that are generally consistent with those that staff takes into account to evolve the processes and publications towards increased accountability and transparency.  Further consideration will be required, ideally in direct interaction with the relevant members of the ATRT2 team, to determine the possibility to implement or not those provisions of the recommendations that are more specific or prescriptive, and to determine alternative approaches that would not divert from the intended objectives.

Staff appreciates the significant work effort that you and the Review Team have committed to making ongoing improvements in ICANN's accountability and transparency.

Larisa B. Gurnick
Consultant/Senior Director, Organizational Reviews
larisa.gurnick at icann.org<mailto:larisa.gurnick at icann.org>
310 383-8995