[atrt2] Edits to GAC-related report following Oct. 1 call

Heather.Dryden at ic.gc.ca Heather.Dryden at ic.gc.ca
Wed Oct 2 19:40:53 UTC 2013

Dear ATRT 2 colleagues,

As discussed on the call yesterday, I am circulating edits to the ATRT 2 list so that they can be reflected in the GAC-related report and recommendations.

The page numbers referenced below are based on the draft GAC-related report dated September 29.

Best regards,
Heather

Insert footnote to contain the following text or link to GAC website at <https://gacweb.icann.org/> :

> GAC Operating Principles
> As amended, GAC Dakar meeting in October, 2011
>
> Principle 47
> The GAC works on the basis of seeking consensus among its membership. Consistent with United Nations practice[1], consensus is understood to mean the practice of adopting decisions by general agreement in the absence of any formal objection. Where consensus is not possible, the Chair shall convey the full range of views expressed by members to the ICANN Board.
>
> [1] In United Nations practice, the concept of "consensus" is understood to mean the practice of adoption of resolutions or decisions by general agreement without resort to voting in the absence of any formal objection that would stand in the way of a decision being declared adopted in that manner. Thus, in the event that consensus or general agreement is achieved, the resolutions and decisions of the United Nations meetings and conferences have been adopted without a vote. In this connection, it should be noted that the expressions "without a vote", "by consensus" and "by general agreement" are, in the practice of the United Nations, synonymous and therefore interchangeable.
>
> 4.
NEW TEXT TO ADD TO THE LIST ON P.9