[atrt2] Template 28 & 29

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 4 20:30:36 UTC 2013

Brian, many comments:

- You dropped the reference to the report identifying problems with
respect to the GAC.

- The first sentence of the Analysis changed the meaning. The
original said facilitation (or whatever) is needed to address the
more difficult issues. The revised version Implied that facilitation
is needed for all PDPs because of the increasing difficulty. Just
dropping the "increasingly" fixes it.

- On the deletion of the paragraph on board threats (or deadlines if
you prefer), that is one of the origins of the Rec on Board clarity
on when if may intervene.

- I can live with deleting the part on the New gTLD program problems,
but I beleive there is a real tendency in the community to over-react
and thought it should be mentioned.

- Is the GAC Rec being moved somewhere else? When I was writing this,
and earlier version of Larry's GAC rec did not address this, and it
is a leading finding of the expert report.

- The last Rec was an attempt to be terse in words and keep it
general, but it was a key finding of the expert report and also
related to the under-participation of those stakeholders not funded
by their companies to participate.

- On issue #28, I don't know what "ICANN should assist the Board" means.

If you want to call about this, I will be out for a bit and back at
about 5:15 EDT.

Alan