[atrt2] Draft Report - version 1 for review

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Wed Oct 9 17:15:47 UTC 2013

On 9 Oct 2013, at 13:04, Steve Crocker wrote:

>> page 12, There was no comment period or other mechanism for community input associated with the publication of the SSAC Operating Procedures
>
> This wording inappropriately implies there should be a public comment period.  The SSAC Operating Procedures is an internal document that captures the processes in effect.  It is not a policy document.  Publication is done for transparency and comments, if any, will likely be considered, but it was never intended nor would it be appropriate to suggest there is a need for community feedback or approval.

In general, I thought that all SO/AC Operating Procedures go through at least a vetting by the Board and that is preceded by a public comment.  I certainly thought this was the case for GNSO Operating Principles.  Not sure if this was the case for the ALAC change that just went through, but I thought it was. I don't understand why this would not be the case for SSAC as well.

Or should we take this to mean that no SO/AC needs to go through public comment before changing it Operating procedures?

Thanks

avri