[bc-gnso] CSG Charter

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Tue Jul 14 09:02:52 UTC 2009

BC members should be aware that the article 1.3 on openness, standards and
behaviour was inserted by the Board into our earlier draft Charter.
The same phrasing more or less appears in all the other three SG Charters.  It
may be a difficult road to argue that it should not apply to us.

On article 4.2 this phrasing has been approved by the Board and was
intentionally introduced into our transitional Charter because of the current
uncertainty of where new Constituencies for groups such as Registry Operators,
Applicant City TLDs, Applicant Registries, Resellers should sit. The Contracted
Parties are adamant they belong in the Commercial Stakeholders Group because all
of these groups do not have an ICANN Contract. Having the ability in our Charter
to argue such groups do not sit well in our SG seemed a wise precaution in this
transitional stage.

Philip