[bc-gnso] Treasurer / Treasury group for accountable and transparent budgeting

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Wed Jun 24 01:53:39 UTC 2009

i would be happy to participate in a committee like the one George is
suggesting -- i think it's a good approach.  i've got some credentials
in the Finance area, having served as Controller of the University of
Minnesota (a $2.2 billion/year operation) and various stints at
Coopers & Lybrand over the years.

mikey

On Jun 23, 2009, at 2:23 AM, George Kirikos wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> To followup on Liz's suggestion, here's a direct proposal:
>
> 1) that a small committee of three people (perhaps volunteers or
> elected) who are NOT councillors be either be responsible for the
> annual budget
> 2) aligned with #1, and to ensure accountability, the annual budget be
> voted upon, and thereby require a majority vote to be passed.
>
> We also believe the Secretary should be an elected position, but that
> should be a separate discussion.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> 416-588-0269
> http://www.leap.com/

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,
Google, etc.)