[bc-gnso] Transition

Liz Williams lizawilliams at mac.com
Wed Jun 24 03:54:33 UTC 2009

Hello everyone

I wanted to follow up from our conversations in the meeting yesterday.

I would like to propose that we hold a specific session on transition
issues to deal with:

1.  completion of our charter which will include the identification of
all of the "positions" that require filling in the organisation

2.  a timetable for transition which includes elections (refer back to
my strawman proposal which I posted several months ago)

I think we need at least a half day using the services of an objective
facilitator -- the existing ExCom/Councillors should not be in the
"chair" for this event.

I volunteer to prepare a "background paper" and set of documents that
will help us make those transition plans become reality.  I would like
other volunteers to help.

I propose that we have this meeting very shortly -- whilst everything
is still fresh from the Sydney meeting to give us enough time to make
changes before the Seoul meeting.

Liz

Liz Williams
+44 1963 364 380