[bc-gnso] BC statement on IRT

Rick Anderson RAnderson at interborder.ca
Thu Jun 25 13:33:43 UTC 2009

George, I'm with you on the need for the approach to be one which is well-balanced between trademark protection on the one hand,  and on the entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity which fuel the blossoming of the web on the other.

But I do not find it either surprising nor sinister that whatever good thinking may advance in the IRT world re new gTLDs could have both roots and eventual bearing on the world of existing TLDs.  In fact, I would find it surprising were these two be divorced universes....

cheers/Rick

Rick Anderson
EVP, InterBorder Holdings Ltd
email: randerson at interborder.ca