[bc-gnso] Has Philip Sheppard violated the BC charter?

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Thu Jun 25 14:27:30 UTC 2009

Philip??

what up with this?  seems like you're running a bit ahead of our
position here.  'seems to me that George is right, you have 10% of the
membership supporting a different view.  wouldn't that call for a
vote?  you want to comment?

i guess another question is in order -- why such haste?  we have a
couple weeks before the comment period is over -- plenty of time to
poll the group, no?

mikey

On Jun 25, 2009, at 8:37 AM, George Kirikos wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am literally shocked to see that Philip has submitted a statement on
> behalf of the BC on the IRT, see:
>
> http://forum.icann.org/lists/irt-final-report/msg00087.html
>
> saying:
>
> "The BC recognizes the work and efforts of all those who participated
> in the IRT. The BC believes that this report is a productive step
> forward in addressing several issues with respect to new gTLDs."
>
> in particular given that 5 BC members (more than 10%) did not support
> that statement, and indeed supported my alternate proposal. Section
> 7.4 of our charter is explicit:
>
> http://www.bizconst.org/charter.htm
>
> "Where the discussion mechanism indicates a split in the Constituency
> of more than 10% of the number of paid-up members, there will then be
> a vote (typically by e-mail) on the position."
>
> There has been no such vote.
>
> Philip needs to explain why he should not be disciplined under 3.6 of
> our charter, for making such a statement on behalf of the
> constituency.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> 416-588-0269
> http://www.leap.com/

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,
Google, etc.)