[bc-gnso] BC statement and procedures

philip.sheppard at aim.be philip.sheppard at aim.be
Fri Jun 26 06:14:37 UTC 2009

Firstly, I must say that I am dismayed about so much chit chat between the
choice of three dramactically anodyne statements!

Secondly, on process, there is a difference between the lengthy process of
BC written positions papers, and a BC statement made at an ICANN meeting
on a topic of current relevance in time for the Board meeting at the end
of the week.

The mechanism for the latter is that the officers present make best
endeavours to take the pulse of the members at the meeting, bearing in
mind existing policy positions. In addition when we can we take the pulse
of members not present.  Our conclusion of both sets of members was that
the text we issued was the one best supported. I was merely the officer
who posted it.

Any BC member who disagrees may post in their own name their own positions.

Philip

PS I am travelling shortly and will not be responsing to list mails.