[bc-gnso] Update on GNSO reform issues

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Mon May 25 09:44:29 UTC 2009

Colleagues,
As you may have seen last week the Board has recently acknowledged a couple of reform
relevant issues.
1. The timetable to seat the new GNSO Council has slipped past the June meeting in Sydney.
Council has asked for a new date. (The terms of office for current BC Council members extend
to October 2009 and beyond so this causes no immediate issue for us).

2. There has been concern about certain proposed stakeholder group (SG) charters and
revisions will be proposed by staff. We do not know at this stage more detail but this may
include our own Commercial SG charter. More detail has been requested.

Changes to the internal BC charter recently discussed were primarily to make it compatible
with the seating timetable and the proposed SG charter. Given the events described above the
BC officers have decided to wait for further information before proceeding with changes to
our BC charter.

Philip