[bc-gnso] Re: Pre-Sydney call

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed May 27 11:34:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:38 AM, BC Secretariat wrote:
> The officers have a phone conference this week and I will post an agenda
> after that.

Since no agenda has yet been posted, and since it appears that the BC
officers have unilaterally decided to delay the needed changes to the
Charter that many members have requested:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/bc-gnso/msg00054.html

"Given the events described above the BC officers have decided to wait
for further information before proceeding with changes to our BC
charter."

I propose the following to be on the agenda for discussion:

1) That the BC charter be immediately amended to have elected
positions of Treasurer and Secretary, as previously discussed.

2) That past, current and future BC budgets (and indeed those of all
constituencies) be made public, in keeping with ICANN's goals of
maximum transparency.

3) That current and future BC budgets (put forward by an elected
Treasurer) require majority approval of all members (via weighted
voting).

4) That the Category 3 member level in the BC be defined as all
companies with fewer than 500 employees (in keeping with other
published definitions of small businesses, without references to
revenues).

Of course, discussion can also take place on the mailing list, before
and after the call.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269