[bc-gnso] Inquiry: why are we voting in a 7 day voting period?

Liz Williams lizawilliams at mac.com
Thu Nov 12 14:02:48 UTC 2009

Hello everyone

Could I make a suggestion that may take us forward?

The Charter has indeed been through many iterations.  I support the
move to a vote now and then hold our elections and then, for the new
willing victims, they take only the very few sections that may need
amending and do that as their first piece of work once they are in
place.  For example, we would ONLY look at section 1.x or 3.y that may
need amending in the early new year.

I suspect that the amendments are small and that we ought not get
stuck at the last hurdle.

Liz