[bc-gnso] Seoul draft agendas

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Sep 30 12:17:39 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Philip Sheppard wrote:
> Any comments, additions or deletions are welcome on the list or latest our call next week.
> 2. R&R separation and other competitive issues - do we have a joint view?

Maintenance of price caps to protect registrants should be added to the list.

> 2. How to address the fact that larger BC members are not contributing to an archived e-mail list

I would suggest deletion of an attempt to reverse our past vote
regarding the public archived mailing list. The IETF, for example, has
public mailing lists, too, e.g. at:

http://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=48&gid=0&k1=933

and I see posts in their archives from:

Cisco ($134 billion market cap), SAP ($58 billion market cap), Nokia
($54 billion market cap), Sun Microsystems ($7 billion market cap,
although they are about to be acquired by even bigger Oracle),
Ericsson ($32 billion market cap), AT&T ($160 billion market cap), and
Qualcomm ($75 billion market cap) amongst others, just in the past 2
weeks.

If the agenda item is modified to read as:

"How to address the fact that larger BC members are not contributing
to the BC's workload"

with reference to the issues and representation at:

http://www.bizconst.org/responsibilities.htm

where many of the roles are filled by representatives of the smaller
companies, that might be a better place to begin.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269
http://www.leap.com/