[bc-gnso] POSTED: Business Constituency comments on Registry Benchmarking Study

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Apr 2 00:36:44 UTC 2010

BC comments on Registry Benchmarking Study are now posted to ICANN website.

See http://forum.icann.org/lists/benchmarking-15feb10/msg00002.html   and
also shown below.

Thanks again to Berry Cobb for leading on this.

-------------

Attached are consensus comments of the Commercial & Business Users
Constituency (BC), regarding the Registry Benchmarking Study.

The BC believes that a study of benchmark Registry operations will help to
define scope of for new TLD contracts. We support this approach and believe
it will help ICANN to promote stability, security, and competition within
the new gTLDs.  This baseline may also be valuable to prospective applicants
wanting to know more about operating their own TLD zone.

In the attached document, the BC indicates suggestions and questions for
several operational categories defined in the KPMG study.

The BC looks forward to future reporting built upon this initial framework
and a defined structure that evolves with the market expansion.  We are also
eager to understand how the results of this study will be reflected in DAGv4
and how it may influence the application and selection process.

Our rapporteur for these comments was Berry Cobb.