[bc-gnso] ANNOUNCEMENT: BC call regarding VeriSign's proposed Registry Service: Tuesday, 4/20 11 a.m. EST

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 06:37:59 UTC 2010

Dear BC colleagues
After some discussion within the ExComm,  I forwarded the following letter to ICANN staff to ask that they study the impact of VeriSign's proposed registry service in .net upon security and stability, rather than just approving it automatically.
Please refer to Steve DelBianco's earlier email to the list explaining the proposed service. It was our view that BC members had sufficient questions that more examination is needed.
In order to give BC members a chance to learn more about the proposed service and to ask questions of VeriSign, Steve DelBianco, our V.Chair, Policy Coordination, has undertaken organizing of a conference call with Pat Kane, VeriSign.
The proposed time for the call is Tuesday, April 20, 11 a.m. EST. The call is solely purposed for discussing this service and will include a short overview of the proposed program by Pat Kane; followed by moderated Q and A.  All Members are encouraged to participate.
BRIDGE NUMBER WILL BE PROVIDED TO MEMBERS WHO RSVP.
To ensure that we have sufficient attendance at that call, I would ask that you rsvp [ off list] to marilynscade at hotmail.com. Apologies to our Asian members -- I realize this is quite late in the evening for you.
In the meantime, mark your calendars for the ICANN June meeting in Brussels -- workshops of relevance to BC begin on the Saturday and Sunday; Full meeting June 20-25.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair