[bc-gnso] Public Comments on Draft Final Report of the RSSAC Review Working Group

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 13:38:19 UTC 2010

Dear BC Members
We will be very busy between now and the Brussels Meeting, and I know you will be feeling challenged by the volume of work. However, in order to make the voice of business effective within ICANN, our active leadership and involvement is very important.
To try to make it easier for members, we will try to keep the subject lines precise and focused on what the particular topic is. That way, you can determine if you personally are interested in a particular topic.
CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS ON RSSAC REVIEW WORKING GROUP: Please note a call for public comments on the Draft Final Report of the RSSAC Review Working Group. On the one hand, this will be fairly technical, but on the other hand, business leaders, whether from large or small companies, are affected significantly by the smooth, reliable performance of the Root.
I would like to gather a group of volunteers from within the business constituency, ( BC) including whomever you might recruit from within your company who may be engaged in managing your DNS service [so more in the technical side of your company] and have a discussion about this report. My proposal is to at least submit a letter from companies who are interested and concerned about this topic, and the importance of continued interaction with the broader community.    This topic is not a gTLD policy issue but is about ICANN's overall performance, stability, and reliability.  Comments on these kinds of reports are open comments -- so, a submission would probably be a letter, that would summarize discussion. It will not be a formal policy position of the BC, but we do have a place to post correspondence to ICANN, and if there is sufficient interest among members, we can undertake a broader review within the BC.
Thus, as Chair,  I am calling it to your attention  and asking for any volunteers who are interested in this topic to respond.
See below for the process, deadlines.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair

http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-27apr10-en.htm

Public Comment: Publication for Public Comments of the
Draft Final Report of the RSSAC Review Working Group

27
April 2010

The RSSAC Review Working Group
releases today its draft
Final Report for public
comments.

The Report presents the draft
conclusions and recommendations of the Working Group on the review process of
RSSAC, the DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee. The Working Group based
its draft report on the final
report of the external reviewers and on comments
received from community.

Public
comments
will be received until the 5 June 2010, and then the Working Group will
finalize its report to the Board.