[bc-gnso] Proposed non profit constituency

philip.sheppard at aim.be philip.sheppard at aim.be
Wed Dec 8 20:24:46 UTC 2010

We ran out of time at the Cartagena BC meeting to agree to send a
spportive statement to public comments to welcome the formation of the new
NPOC.  We had a presentation of the new constituency from Debbie Hughes at
the CSG meeting earlier in the day. This constituency is the outcome we
have been striving for in the composition of the new non conract parties
house.

I'd like to propose we make the following statement to public comments as
the BC.

'"The Business Constituency welcomes the proposal to form a new non-profit
consituency. We believe this is timely. We believe there will be areas of
common interest between this new constituency and our own, both
representing as they do users of the DNS.''

Perhaps we could agree to send this on a no objections basis rather than
have to put it through our usual policy 14 day window.

Deadline 10 December ?

Philip