[bc-gnso] Westin Hotel - Union Square - San Francisco

Berry Cobb berrycobb at infinityportals.com
Thu Dec 9 22:00:20 UTC 2010

As most know, San Francisco is not short on hotels.  I find it odd that ICANN announced the Westin St. Francis.  I could swear reading Board minutes on San Francisco approval that they chose the other Westin on 3rd.  Oh well.

Regardless, I made my hotel reservation for The Palace Hotel (Starwood) back then.  I got a smoking rate compared to what they are offering now.  I know it is preferred to stay in the same hotel as the ICANN meeting, but my last stay at the St. Francis was less than appealing.  Unless they have remodeled over the past few years, the rooms are very worn out.  Union Square is quite the tourist location.  So do not fret if you cannot get a room at the St. Francis, as there are many close alternatives.  The Hilton a few blocks away is very nice and the other Starwood hotels are awesome.  My favorite is the W, of course.  The St. Regis is really nice, but I have not stayed there.  If your room is not at ground zero, no worries, it is so easy and fun to get around town.

See you all then!

Berry Cobb

Infinity Portals LLC

berrycobb at infinityportals.com