[bc-gnso] TLD pre-registration

Liz Williams lizawilliams at mac.com
Mon Jan 18 20:24:26 UTC 2010

Ron

I agree with your views.  We cannot continue to pretend that new TLDs
will not happen nor that it is acceptable to delay any further by the
introduction of other so-called threshold issues.

The majority of trademark protection issues such as sunrise, landrush
and malicious conduct are only post delegation issues which do not
impinge at all on the establishment of an orderly application process.

It would, however, be helpful to focus on some issues which are
outstanding, most notably the base registry contract as part of the
DAG which will bind all registry operators.

Liz