[bc-gnso] Propose that the BC support GAC process comments on EOI

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Wed Jan 27 09:32:20 UTC 2010

The GAC have submitted a proposal on process. In effect it asks the Board to
delay a decision until after debate in Nairobi.
I would like to suggest that the BC supports this.
Please let me have your opinion today as public comments close today !
---------------------------
The full text of the GAC advice is on the comments list but the specific process
advice is as follows:

"the GAC therefore advises the Board to:
-      avoid taking a decision on the EoI at its February meeting and defer
it until the next ICANN Public meeting. A premature decision could trigger
requests for reconsideration and further derail the discussion;
-      request that staff facilitate a full cross-community deliberation on
the EoI at the next ICANN Public meeting, prior to any final decisions; and
-      ensure that the second summary of comments clearly documents the
respective interests of respondents."

Philip