[bc-gnso] DRAFT BC Public Comments on DAGv4

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Sat Jul 17 21:48:45 UTC 2010

hi Ron,

i don't really support any of the positions in there.  they strike me as pennies put on the tracks of an oncoming train.  :-)

i think new gTLDs are a great idea, the sooner the better.  so i'd much prefer to be part of a position that was out in front of that train, or better yet part of the engine, rather than belaboring positions that have already been presented, reviewed and ignored.  it strikes me as somehow Quixotic to keep tilting at those windmills.

i don't mean to sound grumpy -- it's just that we give the appearance of trying to stop or slow down the introduction of new gTLDs all the time -- instead of leading the parade for all those businesses that need them.  i had a beer with the COO of Thomson Reuters last week and didn't even think of bringing up the BC when he turned the conversation to new gTLDs.  he's the ops guy -- the trademark stuff is handled by his trademark staff, but he's interested in what he can **do** with gTLDs.  we ought to have an answer for him...

mikey