[bc-gnso] ANNOUNCE - New GNSO Constituency Notice of Intent - Not-for-Profit Organizations Constituency

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 19:16:02 UTC 2010

Dear BC Members
Please note an exciting new announcement of a possible new constituency.  Many of you know Debra Hughes, who has been key to generating broader interest among humanitarian and philantropic, educational and community service organizations to come together to submit this informal expression of interest.
Members in Kenya will recall we heard from another potential non for profit constituency focused on consumers perspectives, from Beau Brendler. That Constituency's formation is still pending as well.
I would welcome your thoughtful consideration of this announcement of "Intent". We should expect to see both groups in the House Meeting on Saturday.

Marilyn CadeBC Chair

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:35:46 -0700
Subject:  FYI - New GNSO Constituency Notice of Intent - Not-for-Profit Organizations Constituency

FYI - New GNSO Constituency Notice of Intent - Not-for-Profit Organizations Constituency

Dear GNSO Constituency Leaders and Members;

For your information, attached please find a copy of the Notice of Intent to Form a New GNSO Constituency (NOIF) submitted by Debra Hughes of the American National Red Cross proposing to form a new Not-for-Profit Organizations Constituency.

As some of you may recall, the NOIF document is an informal expression of interest that does not require any action.  The intent of this first step is simply to spur community dialogue and reaction to the proposal.

The NOIF package, including the cover letter and supporting correspondence is being posted on the GNSO Improvements web page at http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/newco-process-en.htm.  This proposal has also been transmitted to Board members and the GNSO Council.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth