[bc-gnso] WIPO Comments on ICANN DAG 4

Phil Corwin pcorwin at butera-andrews.com
Mon Jun 21 14:57:17 UTC 2010

ICA would object to endorsing that portion of the letter that seeks to reopen the URS debate and undo the remarkable consensus achieved by the STI at the direction of the GNSO.
Also, while I do not fully understand their last point, WIPO seems to regard the UDRP as something they control rather than an ICANN consensus policy they facilitate as arbitrator, and has opposed the community reexamining it after 10 years of experience. The RAPWG, on the other hand, has recommended a balanced PDP focused on UDRP reform. ICA believes that placing all UDRP providers under standard contract should be a key component of such reform and that doing so would enhance uniform implementation that would benefit both complainants and registrants.
Philip S. Corwin
Partner, Butera & Andrews
1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004
2026635347/Office
2022556172/Cell

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Branch Rickey