[bc-gnso] Last Call: BC Position on New TLD Registry Agreement Amendments DAG v3

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Wed Mar 31 12:46:34 UTC 2010

Marilyn ‹ I think your notes on the domain tasting episode actually help
showwhy it¹s a great example of how we can use the Consensus Policy Œpicket
fence¹ to amend all registry and registrar contracts.

As you say, some contract parties did not support the domain tasting policy
change.  But the PDP process and community pressure eventually did prevail ‹
thanks in large measure to your own persistence on this issue.   Once staff
provided implementation details, the new policy was automatically applied to
ALL contracts, without delays, lawsuits or appeals.

I can¹t think of a better example of how we empower the community to develop
consensus policies that force all contract parties to comply, no matter
what¹s in their own  contract/agreement or business plan.

Seeing it in that light, would you agree to retain the example in our
position statement?

--Steve