[bc-gnso] Comments from Marilyn Cade: Another Last Call: BC Position - Baseline Registry Operations Report

berrycobb at infinityportals.com berrycobb at infinityportals.com
Wed Mar 31 22:48:58 UTC 2010

Mariyln & CBUC,

I just crafted a nice response and then lost it on this crappy
hospital network, because all I have right now is web based mail
access.  Excuse ye being brief and if I sound rude that is not my
intent, its frustration.

- Mariyln thank you for your feed back.  It was helpful and I included
all but 2 points.  Attached is the latest draft for your review.

- Discussion Point 1 - I will be happy to include what is needed here.
  However, I am confused by the reasoning supplied.  It only mentions
why people may register domains in a ccTLD and not in reference to
comparing an operating model from a ccTLD with other TLDs.  I
understand the operating models to be drastically different both
technically and in business operations.  I have very little experience
here....so I am wide open for suggested language for the "Survey
Demographics."

- Discussion Point 2 - Outsourcing of Compliance.  The study reveals
that small Registries outsource their compliance.  It does not suggest
that ICANN outsource its compliance.  Therefore, I think the last
bullet with "Survey Demographics" in our position statement stands as
is.  ICANN should take a close look as this to ensure it is done
correctly.  I do not oppose outsourcing it, but doing so does increase
risk and ICANN should have a pulse as to WHEN and HOW.

Thank you for the feedback again.  Please advise of any other changes.

Berry Cobb
infinity Portals LLC
866.921.8891