[bc-gnso] BC Position Statement on Vertical Integration (VI)--single registrant TLDs

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Mon May 17 18:27:40 UTC 2010

Jarkko,

I fully agree. Almost every proposal being put forward for consideration are
by contracting ICANN parties which appear to be focused on protecting
commercial interests.  I fully agree with your comments about the BC looking
toward promoting innovation/choice provided that registrant safeguards are
properly protected.

As ICANN’s original general counsel use to state, ICANN is about protecting
competition, not protecting competitors.

Best regards,

Michael