[bc-gnso] charter/process topic? mandate use of open lists

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Thu Oct 28 15:00:35 UTC 2010

hi all,

this is another post inspired by my recent conversation with Danny Younger.

in this case the question is whether we would like to strengthen the language about use of private email lists in our charter.  i note that we've started to backslide a little bit here in the BC in that we're starting to see more conversation on the private list than the public one, which leads to concerns about transparency.

i think it would be a good idea to review the language in both the CSG and BC charters to make sure that we're making it difficult for ourselves to retreat from public view.

mikey

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	http://www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)