[bc-gnso] Proposed BC comment on ICANN proposed budget for 2012

Mike Rodenbaugh icann at rodenbaugh.com
Mon Apr 4 18:06:51 UTC 2011

Sorry for the confusing post
  I meant to include the text that I suggest
should replace that section.  Here is my proposed text, which eliminates the
notion that Chairs decide this issue, and states a clear preference for
Councilors to be funded so that they can do the job to which they are
elected:

We support the present approach whereby the Constituencies authorize the
funding of 2 reps per CSG constituency, per ICANN meeting.  The funds should
be earmarked for Councilor travel, except where the Councilor is unavailable
for travel, has alternate funding, or otherwise agrees.  While this funding
is rightfully intended to support councilors, so that they can perform the
job to which they are elected, some flexibility to its allocation is
important.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Rodenbaugh